A two-hour delayed start to the school day may be used for inclement weather or other emergencies, in addition to our established school closing procedure.
Living in Northeast Ohio presents many challenges with adverse weather conditions. Often, severe conditions at 6:00 a.m. are much improved one to two hours later and it is safe to continue school activities.
Closing or delaying the opening of our schools for the safety of students and staff is a serious decision. Students are better served both academically and socially by being in school, however, the welfare of our students and staff is our top priority.
Two-Hour Delay Procedure
- The Superintendent, in conjunction with other school officials, will strive to make a decision by 6:00 a.m. to either close or delay the opening of the schools and will announce it to the radio and television media and our School-Connects phone/email notification system.
- When a two-hour delay announcement is made, please continue to listen to the radio and television for updated information. If conditions continue to deteriorate, a decision could be made to close school for the day.
- Morning transportation will be delayed two hours from normal pick up times. This will apply to all students including vocational, non-public and special education students. Students are required to be at their bus stop five (5) minutes early even though buses could be running slow due to weather conditions. Please be sure your children are dressed appropriately.
- Do not send or drop off your children at school prior to the delayed start time. Building staff will not be available to supervise children before that time.
- No breakfast will be served. The lunch programs will run as usual with some possible changes in the serving times and/or menus.
- School dismissal will remain at the normal time when school is delayed.
Closing or delaying the school is a difficult decision and we do our best to make a responsible call. Your support and cooperation is appreciated.
We will post school closing and delay start information on our school web site and through the following media:
Channel 3 iAlert (www.wkyc.com
Fox 8 Cleveland (www.fox8.com/weather
WOIO 19 / WUAB 43 (www.woio.com
News Channel 5 (www.newsnet5.com
WKKY, Media 1 Group
Star 97.1 FM
98.3 The Bull
107.5 FM The Fox
ESPN 970 WFUN